From Hadhrat Adam Alayhis Salaam up until the Prophet Sallallahu Alyhi Wa Sallam every Prophet has brought into thos world the message and Divine Law of Allah Ta’ala.
It is a known fact that each Prophet was a leader of a nation; the nation of Hadhrat mossa Alyhis Salaam being known as the Jews; the nation of Hadhrat Esa Alyhis Salaam being known as the Christians; whilst the nation of the beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam came to be known as the Muslims.
The nations, in their own era, were on the correct path; the path leading to Allah Ta’ala. However, when the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam was sent as a Mercy to mankind, all other religions and nations were terminated and were asked to follow our beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam.
The Shari’ah (Divine Law) of each nation deffered to some extent; no two Laws being exactly the same. The people of Moosa Alayhis Salaam were expected to sacrifice their lives in order to acquire the forgiveness from Allah Ta’ala whereas this is not the case for the nation of the beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam. Similary, people from previous nations were asked to cut the piece of their flesh where drops of urine may have touched the body. However, this again is not the case of the nation of the beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam.
Despite these differences in Shari’ah the Prophets were all sent to convey and deliver one message; the message of the Oneness of Allah Ta’ala. These differences that varied from nation to nation became known as the Furoo’ of Deen (branches of Religion) whereas the Usool of Deen (fundamentals of Religion) remained the same.
The beliefs of Islam is amongst the fundamentals of Islam. Those things in the religion of Islam that do not change with neither time nor nation. The beliefs that were sent upon the people of Adam Alayhis Salaam are the same that were sent for the people of the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam.
Following is a basic outline of the beliefs that one should have. I will be keeping the beliefs “to the point” so that it is to the understanding level of everyone. However, if any reader does require further clarification or has a question, please do not hesitate to ask.
01. We believe that Allah Ta’ala is One, without any partners
02. There is no god other than Him.
03. There is nothing like Him.
04. He is Exalted beyond having opposites or equals.
It is our belief that Allah Ta’ala has no deficiencies and all faults. therefore, it would not be appropritate to adjoin partners with Allah Ta’ala, as having a partner is an indication towards incabaility and dependance.
Furthermore, Allah Ta’ala is capable of achieving all all without the need of anyone. Thus, ascribing partners with Him would be a vain and superfluous act, which is totally against the qualities of Allah Ta’ala, as He is not wasteful.
In summary, we can deduce that just as Allah Ta’ala cannot have any partners and is self-sufficient. To ascribe anything with Him would be indicating towards a weakness or defect, which can never be possible.
In the same sense, we can say that just as Allah Ta’ala is free from any partners; He is also free from relations, i.e. Sons and Daughters.
If we connect a Son or Daughter to Allah Ta’ala, we are indirectly supporting the fact that the associate has some diviness or likeness to Allah Ta’ala. Whereas this is totally impossible as “there is none other like Him”.
05. There is nothing that can overwhelm Him.
06. Nothing happends except what He wills.
Allah Ta’ala has the ability and power to perform all the tasks He wills. For Him the matter of even a complicated thing such as creation is to say “Be” and “it becomes”. In actual fact, Allah Ta’ala is not even in need of uttering the words “Be”, but in order to make the creation understand His Supremecy He has explained his power and might in this manner.
If such a complex task as creation is no difficulty for Allah Ta’ala, then similiarly there is no task that can ovewhelm Him. he is capable of completing many tasks, all at once, without the slightest effort from His behalf.
Whatever action or task comes into existence, it is only through His will and permission. So much so, that even a leaf cannot fall without the will and permission of Allah Ta’ala. He is the commander and controller of the entire universe and its creatures. He does as He wills and nothing happens without His knowledge nor his will.
07. He is the Eternal without a beginning and enduring without an end.
08. He will neither perish nor come to an end.
09. He is living and never dies. He is eternally active and never sleeps.
Every Believer has to acknowledge that Allah Ta’ala existed before anything else. He was there from the beginning and will stay etnerally. He will never perish or come to an end. Apart from Him, there is no other thing that can be said to be ever-existent and eternal.
Further on, we will mention the belief in regards to the qualities of Allah Ta’ala in slightly more detail. however, for now, it should be understood that anything connect directly to Allah, such as His qualities, speach etc, will have the same ruling as His being. They existed from before, without a beginning and enduring without the end.
10. No imagination can conceive of Him and no understanding can comprehend Him.
11. He is different from any created being.
Allah Ta’ala is the creator of all living matter. It is He who gave form and shape to all that we are able to see and all that which we are unable to see.
In similar manner, Allah Ta’ala created the mind and brains of the people. It is He who gave them intellect and made man accomplish many a things through the wit and intelligence bestowed by Him.
Nevertheless, Allah’s being is such exalted and unique that it is not within the capacity and capability of mankind to conceive His being. We cannot ascertain His shape, size or matter. All we know is that He is unlike any creation, He is totally unique.
Allah Ta’ala is free from any bodily form. We cannot describe His being with a body, hands, feet or any other bodily part. It is impossible for the mind to concieve a picture of His being and we cannot, in any ways, say that He has a fixed form.
12. He creates without being in need to do so and provides for His creation without effort.
13. He causes death without fear and restores to life without difficulty.
The reason that Allah Ta’ala created us has nothing to do with His needs. Allah Ta’ala is free from any needs and want. The creation of mankind was to worship Allah Ta’ala. However, He was not in need to create mankind as angels already existed that worshipped Him without error or question. Allah Ta’ala creates and gives form as He wills and wishes and brings into existance nations after nations.
For Him to create a nation is of no difficulty, and similarly to provide for them is an effortless task. He can provide for many nations at one time without difficulty. If Allah Ta’ala was to will, He could destroy an entire nation and replace it with another within the blink of an eyelid. He fears non and nothing and it is with this quality He causes death and thereafter to give life is no difficulty for him.
14. He has always existed together with His attributes since before creation. Bringing creation into existence did not add anything to His attributes that was not already there. As He was, together with His attributes, in pre-eternity, so He will remain throughout endless time.
15. It was not only after the act of creation that He could be described as “the Creator” nor was it only by the act of origination that He could he described as “the Originator.”
16. He was always the Lord even when there was nothing to be Lord of, and always the Creator even when there was no creation.
17. In the same way that He is the “Bringer to life of the dead,” after He has brought them to life a first time, and deserves this name before bringing them to life, so too He deserves the name of “Creator” before He has created them.
18. This is because He has the power to do everything, everything is dependent on Him, everything is easy for Him, and He does not need anything. “There is nothing like Him and He is the Hearer, the Seer.” (al-Shura 42:11)
The attributes of Allah Ta’ala existed from the beginning of time just as His being. He qualities and attributes are eternal and will never cease to exist. Therefore, we believe that Allah Ta’ala was the Lord of everything even before its existence. His being the Lord of the creation is not dependant of the matter and objects being there. He was the Creator even before He began to create and bring into existence. These qualities did not come into existence from a particular time, they were always there just as Allah Ta’ala has been.
This is becasue Allah Ta’ala had the power and ability to perform those acts even before He did. He had the Might of creating regardless of whether He created anything or not. He is self-suffiecient and everything around Him and created by Him is dependant upon Him. He Sees all, Knows all and Hears all.
19. He created creation with His knowledge.
20. He appointed destinies for those He created.
21. He allotted to them fixed life spans.
22. Nothing about them was hidden from Him before He created them, and He knew everything that they would do before He created them.
23. Everything happens according to His degree and will, and His will is accomplished. The only will that people have is what He wills for them. What He wills for them occurs and what He does not will, does not occur.
24. He gives guidance to whomever He wills, and protects them, and keeps them safe from harm, out of His generosity; and He leads astray whomever He wills, and abases them, and afflicts them, out of His justice.
25. All of them are subject to His will either through His generosity or His justice.
26. No one can ward off His decree or delay His command or overpower His affairs.
27. We believe in all of this and are certain that everything comes from Him.
The creation of mankind was done with the knowledge of Allah Ta’ala. He created man in the best of form and gave him shape and intellect. Allah Ta’ala appointed man’s destiny and life span and was aware of his actions and destination even before man commited that act or reached that destination. Nothing is hidden from His knowledge and He is aware of all that happens and knows all that will happen.
Man’s will will be in accordance to the will of Allah Ta’ala. No person can commit any act without the will of Allah Ta’ala and nothing can be achieved that is not written in his destiny. Man is a mere puppet that accomplishes the will of Allah Ta’ala, they journey through this life as Allah Ta’ala has written for them.
It is by the will of Allah Ta’ala that a man stays protected and it is solely by His will that any harm can befall Him. If He wills to protect a person, then the united strength and power of entire mankind cannot harm him and if He wills to harm a person neither can that united strength relieve him or safeguard him from that harm. For it is the power of Allah Ta’ala to give guidance to whom He wills and to deviate whom he wills. This will all be done with the justice of Allah Ta’ala and there is non to question Him.
28. He ordered them to obey Him and forbade them to disobey Him.
After the creation of mankind, Allah Ta’ala ordered them to obey Him and forbade them to disobey Him. This was the purpose of creation, to worship Allah Ta’ala alone. If people disobey Allah Ta’ala, then it is not a mighty task for Him to completely destroy that nation and bring forth a new nation that will worship and obey Him.
If anyone has any questions in regards to any of the above beliefs feel free to ask.
May Allah Ta’ala give us the understanding of His Religion. Aameen.